To impart world class engineering knowledge to bring out ethical mechanical engineering graduates ready for industries or research or higher studies.
- To impart quality education to enhance the skill and knowledge required for industry or for higher studies.
- To have state of art laboratory facilities.
- To interact with industry and other institutions.
- To provide an environment to inculcate ethical values and life long learning.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
PEO1: Graduates shall become outstanding engineers in industries or pursue higher studies.
PEO2: Graduates shall have the caliber to contribute to national goals through design and manufacturing.
PEO3: Graduates shall serve the society by being entrepreneurs or consultants to overcome the challenges they face.
PROGRAMME OUTCOMES (PO)
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
PROGRAMME SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSO)
PSO1: Capable of successfully qualifying in national level competitive examinations for higher studies and employment.
PSO2:An ability to apply their knowledge in the domain of engineering mechanics, fluid, thermal engineering and advanced technologies in solving engineering problems for the benefits of society.
About the Department
Mechanical Engineering Department of JCT College of Engineering started functioning from the year 2009 with a sanctioned intake of 60 students per annum and from the year 2010 with a sanctioned intake of 120 students per annum. The focus of the department is to offer quality education in the specialized fields of Design, Manufacturing, Thermal and Materials engineering. The might of the Department, apart from its Students, is its Qualified and Experienced Faculty/Staff. Faculties are actively engaged in Teaching and mentoring students apart from perusing their research activities in the emerging fields of engineering. The department has a resourceful team of faculty that mostly consists of PG holders. Faculty members regularly attend technical workshops and seminars organized by various technical institutes, and many of them have presented papers at national level seminars.
Major Industries that employ Mechanical Engineers include Automobiles, Space research, Aeronautical, Energy and utilities, Air conditioning, Bio-Mechanical industry. Other major employers include giant manufacturing plants, Air conditioning and refrigeration industry, Turbine manufacturing plants, oil and Gas exploration and refining industries and the Agricultural sector.
In the Government sector, Mechanical Engineers can provide their knowledge to various government run projects in the role of technical experts and consultants. They can get Employed in Government departments like Defense, PWD, CPWD, Technical Wings of Armed Forces, Space Research Organization. Industries like the Aeronautical, Agricultural, Automobile, Chemical, Bio-Medical equipment manufacturers, Energy, Power, Electronics, Steel, Oil Exploration and refining, Railways, etc.
Mechanical Engineering is not only limited to the manufacturing and design companies, but also it finds room in power sector, aerospace, petroleum and mining.
The following are the top companies that recruit Mechanical Engineers: MERCEDES BENZ, TATA MOTORS, VOLKSWAGEN Group, BMW, MARUTI SUZUKI, MAHINDRA for Automobile Sector. HITACHI, INGERSOLRAND, LIEBHER CRANES are Companies for Heavy Machinery. LARSEN and TUBRO, BHEL, THERMAX, ALFA LAVAL, GODREJ, KIRLOSKAR, SUZLON are the companies that provide opportunities for Mechanical Engineers in power sector.