To be an academic centre for Quality Education, Innovation and Constructive Resources for the automotive industry and society
To offer state-of-the –art undergraduate programme in Automobile discipline to fulfill Industrial requirements globally by Imparting Innovative Knowledge, Ethical values and Collaborative projects
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES(PEOs)
- An Ability to use Automobile labs and workshop equipment competently and safely.
- An Ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern Engineering tools necessary for Automobile Engineering practice.
- Understand and practice professional, ethical, economic, environmental, and global responsibilities.
- Apply modern management techniques and financial aspects for automobile related projects.
PROGRAMME OUTCOMES (PO)
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
PROGRAMME SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSOs)
PSO1: Capable of successfully qualifying in national level competitive examinations for higher studies and employment.
PSO2: An ability to apply their knowledge in the domain of automotive, Fluid, thermal engineering and advanced technologies in solving engineering problems for the benefits of society and automotive Industries
About The Department
The Department of Automobile Engineering was established in the academic year 2012-2013 with a sanctioned intake of 60. The department has highly-qualified and well-experienced faculty and staff members of proven ability and administrative skills. Keeping in view of the demand for automobile engineers the department has a vision to enrich the knowledge of students and updated technology of automobile engineering. The department has well equipped laboratories that cater to the needs of the students.
Automobile Industry has been booming in recent times, due to the growing demand for vehicles and the job prospects for automobile engineers have also increased rapidly both in India and abroad. The work of automobile engineers involves planning, designing, developing, manufacturing and testing the performance and efficiency of automobiles and their parts including the Engine, Chassis and transmission systems. This field offers wide range of opportunities for the aspirants and it includes automobile manufacturing industries, production plants, service stations, state road transport corporations, private transport companies, insurance companies, motor vehicle departments etc. With the computer knowledge in CAD, Automobile engineers can find employment in computer aided industries as Designers or they can design models of vehicles by joining the Research and Development wing of companies.
Automobile is the study of Engineering that deals with designing new vehicle, Manufacturing new vehicle, Repairing, servicing the vehicles. The automobile can specialize in the alternative areas such as aerodynamic, fuels, chassis, electronics, emissions, ergonomic, manufacture, materials, creation of a fast prototype, security or the management etc. The responsibility of the Engineer of the automobile always consists of maintaining the greater level of the vehicle by the use of traditional methods and of the Technology outpost. Therefore the option by a race in the Engineering of the automobile will be interesting as well as compensating.
- Auto CAD
- Edge cam
- Solid Works
The Head of the Department
Department of Automobile Engineering
JCT College of Engineering and Technology
Coimbatore – 641105, TamilNadu, India.