PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES(PEOs)
- To practice in the field of Electronics and Communication Engineering in a responsible, highly commendable, and in a ethical manner in the general areas like electronics circuit design, advanced communication systems used in industrial and government organizations which is useful to the society.
- To possess the necessary communication and leadership skills to function effectively in a professional multi-disciplinary environment, to cater the need for the industry.
- To exhibit success in solving complex technical problems in a broad range of disciplines subject to quality engineering processes, team work activities, and professional ethics.
- Continue to develop professionally through life-long learning, advanced education, and other creative pursuits in advanced technology, which can be exposed to the global level.
PROGRAMME OUTCOMES (POs)
Engineering Graduates will be able to
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
PROGRAMME SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSO)
- Capable of successfully qualifying in national level competitive examinations for higher studies and employment.
- The ability to comprehend the basic concepts of electronics and apply them in the day to day life to design and execute complete engineering systems in signal processing, communications and computer networks, etc.