Training & Placements
Training and Placement Cell (TPC) at JCT has been established to prepare its students for the large competitive world.
The TPC consists of a team that combines the academic power of JCT with the vitality and ambition of the students. The TPC consists of a team that combines the academic power of JCT with the vitality and ambition of the students. It helps them to develop and shape their vision through a whole series of Training and Placements. The TPC networks with the best companies in IT, Telecommunications, Petroleum, Petrochemical, Food Technology, Mechanical, Electrical, retailing, manufacturing, FMCG, and many other industry sectors on a day to day basis. This has resulted in a strong and beneficial relationship for the students, the Institute and the business community. Industry and Corporate Personnel are regularly invited to interact with students and give them the feel of real life industry/business scenario. Every student is provided with ample opportunities for employment through campus interviews and placement processes which are conducted regularly for the entire year.
JCT Placement Motto :
“We Renovate your Attitude”
The college has all the required facilities for conducting recruitment processes for company presentations, group discussion rooms and conferencing facilities etc.
The following are to aim to accomplish tasks in every academic year:
- To assist students to develop/clarify their academic and career interests, and their short and long-term goals through individual counselling and group sessions
- Maintaining and regularly updating database of students. Maintaining database of companies and establishing strategic links for campus recruitments.
- Gathering information about job fairs and all relevant recruitment advertisements.
- Coordinating with companies to learn about their requirements and recruitment
- Identifying the needs and expectations of the companies to assist them in recruiting most suitable candidates.
- Organizing pre-placement training/workshops/seminars for students.
- Collecting feedback from employers where our students are selected.
- To provide resources and activities to facilitate the career planning process.
- To act as a link between students, alumni and the employment community.
- To assist students in obtaining placement in reputed companies.
- Highlighting articles on departmental notice boards regarding Competitive & Industrial Career Opportunities.
- Inform students about the available job opportunities in government sectors and off campus drives.
- Giving Motivational Talks.
- Conducting Psychometric Test.
- Conducting Expectation Management Workshops.
Training & Development
Keeping in view the industry requirements, the training curriculum is designed for preparing the students as entry level Graduate Engineer Trainees.
- Personality Development
- Communication Skills
- Resume Preparation& Email Writing
- Group Discussion
- Interview Skills
- Aptitude Training & Practice Tests
The industry is always on the lookout for students who are vibrant, energetic individuals and ready to accept challenges, attentive, a good academic background, fast learners, open to learning even at work and more importantly, good communication skills.
This activity focuses upon the personality development to make the students reliable, with positive attitude and right decision making.
- Guiding for preparation.
- Arranging mock Interviews.
- Communicating with Alumni for available openings.
- Communicating with industry for campus interviews.
- Arranging/Conducting campus recruitment drives as well as off campus drives.