Seminar on ‘Lecture Series on Mentoring – Theory And Practice – Ii’ Organized By Department of Science And Humanities, JCT CET On 10.11.2018.
The second lecture in the above series by our Director started at 12 noon in the Board Room of our college on 10.11.2018(Saturday). 20 faculty members of the Department of Science and Humanities attend the presentation. In his presentation, he mainly focused on the skills required by the mentors.
The following points were highlighted:
- Skills to be possessed by mentors.
- He emphasized that Instruction, Inspiration, Providing feedback, Mentioning Risks, Encouraging are the specific skills required to be successful mentors.
- He also stressed that each mentor should identify the goals of his/her mentees and encourage him/her in achieving his/her goals.
- Each mentor should assist their mentees in locating resources such as software, books, etc… and to encourage them in extra-curricular activities.
- It is the responsibility of a mentor to mould his/her mentees and to create opportunities for them to face the outside world.
- He captivated the listeners by telling stories and anecdotes and also raised questions.
- The session ended up with a formal Vote of Thanks by Dr. P. Pitchandi, Dean (Academics).