Industry Institute Partnership Cell
Industry Institute partnership cell (IIPC) is required for enhancing the relationship between the Institution and Industry. The purpose of this cell is to identify the trends and expectations and prepare students for meeting the latest requirements by facilitating internships in leading architectural firms, Organize Seminars, Workshops, Expert Talks and other Training programmers by experts and practicing architects.
IIPC at JCT College of Engineering & Technology will create an effective contribution to our vision and effectively avoid criticisms of the shortcomings. IIPC at JCT effectively equips our faculty to latest practices and makes the students industry-ready by providing exposure to current industry practices, and hone their skills to adapt changing trends and designs.
Our students will be benefited due to the exposure to current industry practices’; faculty members get sensitized to the latest practices leading them to blend real-time exposure with usual theoretical teaching methods.
JCT College of Engineering & Technology will gain in brand name and reputation through bigger percentage of placement of students, and being a useful partner of Industry through mutual consultancy services. The Industry would gain by getting employees who are already trained as per their expectations, aspirations and needs.
- The broad objective of the IIPC at JCT is to reduce the gap between industry expectations (practice) and academic limitations by direct involvement of industry.
- Develop close connections between Industry and SICA through interactions
- Bring practicing architects at JCT Disseminating architectural advances through interactions and discussions.
- Training the students through continuing education programme.
- Publishing and issuing architectural bulletins and newsletters with latest technological developments.
- Organizing seminars, symposium, exhibitions and workshops.
- Arranging industrial training for students and faculty members.
- Identifying the opportunities of internships for practical training to our students.
- Tie-ups or MoU’ s with Industries.
- Research and development activities with industry.
- Promoting consultancy activities.
- Industrial Visits
- Inviting practicing architects for guest lectures, seminars and expertise sharing.
- Organize lectures, interactive workshops, conferences, seminars; brain storming sessions, technical discussions, consultancy Sessions, training, orientation courses, meetings, visits etc, involving members of the Industry, outside experts, eminent personalities, faculty and students.
- Organize and conduct Field Visits, Industrial Visits inside and outside India, Seminars and workshops by practicing architects.
- Motivate and involve students of JCT in the consultancy activities of IIPC with an aim to transform these graduating architects into professional architects who are industry ready.
- Take up projects from Industry and other funding agencies as consultancy activity.
- Provide technical consultancy services.
- Invite industry experts to deliver lectures in symposia, seminars and conferences organizing exhibitions / model contests / competitions to show case the efforts taken up by the students of JCT
- Encourage entrepreneurial activities among the students.
- Professional consultancy by the faculty to industries.
- Visits of clients, industry executives and practicing architects to JCT for seeing the consultancy works and studios.
- Practical training of students in industries
|Sl.No||Name and Designation||Category|
|1||Dr.S.Venkatesh Babu, HoD/Petroleum Engineering||Convener|
|2||Mr.R.Ravi Kumar, Asstistant Professor/ Petroleum Engineering||Member|
|3||Prof.J.Prabahar, HoD/Automobile Engineering||Member|
|4||Mr.Vinothkumar, Assistant Professor/ Automobile Engineering||Member|
|5||Dr.V.J.Arulkarthick, HoD/Electronics and Communication Engineering||Member|
|6||Mr.A.Kalimuthu, Assistant Professor/Electronics and Communication Engineering||Member|
|7||Dr.R.Perumal, HoD/Petrochemical Engineering||Member|
|8||Mr.M.Ramkumar, Assistant Professor/Petrochemical Engineering||Member|
|9||Dr.G.Rajiv Sureshkumar, HoD/Computer Science Engineering||Member|
|10||Mr.Biju Balakrishnan, Associate Professor/ Computer Science Engineering||Member|
|11||Mr.A.Kumar, HoD/Civil Engineering||Member|
|12||Dr.N.Balasubramanian, Assistant Professor/ Civil Engineering||Member|
|13||Dr.S.Goshteeswaran, HoD/Mechanical Engineering||Member|
|14||Mr.K.Karthik, Assistant Professor/ Mechanical Engineering||Member|
|15||Dr.S. Geetha, HoD/Electrical and Electronics Engineering||Member|
|16||Mr.Arjuna Raja, Assistant Professor/ Electrical and Electronics Engineering||Member|
|17||Dr.V.Vijayagopal, HoD/Food Technology||Member|
|18||Mrs.S.Sujithra, Assistant Professor/ Food Technology||Member|