SEMINAR ON ‘LECTURE SERIES ON MENTORING – THEORY AND PRACTICE – I’ ORGANIZED BY DEPARTMENT OF SCIENCE AND HUMANITIES, JCT CET ON 01.11.2018
A seminar on ‘Lecture Series on Mentoring-Theory and Practice’ delivered by Dr.K.Rameshwaran, Director, JCT Group of Institution. The seminar has been organized on 01.11.2018 at 12.00 Noon in the seminar hall by the management to the faculty of Science and Humanities. The seminar has been started with an introduction on mentorship which held the teaching fraternity in spell bound with multiple dogmas and its practices.
The following points were highlighted:
- He penchantly emphasized that mentorship is to help people effectively in both personal and professional life.
- He asked the faculty member to facilitate sharing insights, providing encouragement and opening doors to the mentees.
- He stressed that the role of mentorship is all about the focusing on growth which should be overall improvement and overall development.
- He explained the history of mentoring, types of mentoring and also the skills required to be an effective mentor.
- He told that mentor should bring emotional stability into the head of mentees and also been a role model to the mentees.
- He has given a precise picture about three skills which are Basic skills, Core skills and Critical skills and also mentioned that mentor should be with accessibility, self awareness, organizational structure, credibility, communication, understanding and desire to help others
- The session ended with the vote of thanks by Dean, Academics, Dr.P.Pitchandi.