Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)
Download: AQAR Report
In pursuance of action Plan for performance evaluation, assessment and accreditation and quality up-gradation of institutions of higher education, the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), Bangalore proposes that every accredited institution should establish an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) as a quality sustenance measure. Since quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC will become a part of the institution’s system and work towards realisation of the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance. The prime task of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the overall performance of institutions
IQAC shall evolve mechanisms and procedures for
- Ensuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks.
- Relevant and quality academic/ research programmes.
- Equitable access to and affordability of academic programmes for various sections of society.
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning.
- The credibility of assessment and evaluation process.
- Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and proper allocation of support structure and services.
- Sharing of research findings and networking with other institutions in India and abroad.
Some of the functions expected of the IQAC are:
- Development and application of quality benchmarks
- Parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution;
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process;
- Collection and analysis of feedback from all stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes;
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters to all stakeholders;
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles;
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement;
- Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices;
- Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality;
- Periodical conduct of Academic and Administrative Audit and its follow-up
- Preparation and submission of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC.
Members of IQAC Cell for the Academic Year 2018-19
|S.No||Composition Criteria Specified by NAAC||No of Members||Members||Designation|
|1||One member from the management||1||Shri.R.Durgashankar||Secretary|
|2||Chairperson- Head of the Institution||1||Dr.S.Manoharan||Principal|
|3||A few senior Administrative Officers||2||Dr.K.Geetha||Dean|
|4||One of the senior teachers as the coordinator/Director of the IQAC||1||Dr.G.Rajiv Suresh Kumar||Professor&Head/CSE|
|5||Teachers to represent all level (Three to Eight)||3||Dr.G.Gnanavel||Professor&Head/FT|
|6||One/Two nominees from Alumni/Local Society/Student||3||M.Romeo Antony||Alumni: 2009-13 Batch, Mech Door No:38,Upper Attadi, Coonoor, Nilgiris|
|Mr.R.Thangam||Local Society: Ex-President, Pichanur Village.|
|Mr.Joshin Thomas||Student: IV year-Civil|
|7||One/Two nominees from Employers/Industrialists/Stake holders||3||Mrs.K.Srigowri||Employer: Manager(HR), Genn Controls India Ltd, Coimbatore.|
|Dr.S.Charles||Industry: Senior Manager, Maxeye Technologies Ltd, Bangalore.|
|Mr.O.Peethamparan||Parent: F/O,O.P.Abijith-IV ECE , Orottil Krishna kripa House, Pudussery, Thekkethara,Kanjikode west, Palakkad